Monday, January 18, 2010

back from holiday


So, after 4 days of snowboarding with my sister, we are home.
(and of course, I have a cold)
...
It was so nice to go with her since it has been many years since we have gone together.
The first day we went up the sky was amazing and the light was perfect.
We were supposed to go night skiing, but when we got there (thursday night) we found out it started friday. We were quite disappointed, but at least I got so good photos along the way!

...The Church in Sugar Hill...

~~~Setting Sun~~~
These were some of the sunset shots that I got while we were on our way to attempt night skiing on Thursday night...
These pictures are worth the wasted drive!
The light was amazing! I didn't have to do anything, it was hitting everything just right and the white mountains were yellow peach colored!
...
It was like a fantasy world and almost didn't seem real...
So instead we headed into town to get some food and stumbled across a couple of consignment shops!
Let the Thrifting begin!

...

These coats were crazy! We just had to play around...
We are still trying to figure out what kind of fur the coat Amory tried on was...
...
I had a wonderful score, I found a rockin' sweater in blue.
To be accompanied by a cute leaf pin for $2...
And this awesome silver bracelet for $5
(this is what was stamped out on the inside in 2 opposite places, I like the hidden hearts!)
...And lastly, this cool scarf, I love the bold pattern in black in white! And it is SO soft!
So we did actually get some skiing in.
And we did get to go night skiing, which neither of us have ever done and it was SO much fun!!!
We left a little early on sunday because the car we borrowed to go up with had headlight malfunctions and we only had high beams.
It worked out though because it ended up being really windy...
(I mean REALLY windy, it was nuts)
On either side of the mountain was a gigantic cloud swirling and looming devilishly above us.
It looked like a huge tsunami cloud and continued to just churn and churn and blow down the mountain...
....BRRRR....
(you can't see it in this picture, but to the left is completely black and the direction the swirl is coming from, kind incredible and scary)
And that is mostly it...
Maybe I will go again next year, it was fun to do for my birthday!
(good work out for my legs, too!)

1 comment:

  1. looks like you had a great time and that photo is just AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete