Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A multi tasking Post:

Ok, so this will be a multi tasking post about my thrifty finds and then about my two things that I love around my home!
First of all, I had a super awesome day of thrifty finds yesterday!!!
As well as a couple a few days earlier!
There is a wonderful consignment shop in Ipswich (a few towns over and where I grew up) that I went to with my mom...
She is friends with a really nice woman who works there and gave us incredible deals!!!

So first is this amazing top from Banana Republic! Ooo-la-la!

And this beautiful piece that is reversible and can be worn as a skirt or a dress!
Here is one side:
And here is the other side:

This next one is a halter dress (don't mind the bad pictures of it)
Originally she said $10, then she gave it to me for free!

This is the little detail at the top:

These next 3 were in the $1 bin, but she ended up just giving them to me also, I was so happy!
Super comfy tank.

Abercrombie shrug like sweater.
(I hate the abercrombie store, so it is nice when I find things from them that I thrifted!)

And this super cute, awesome colored green sweater from old navy... Also free!


And so last from Forget-Me-Not's is this super warm, super awesome coat that was marked down to $5, but ended up being free, also... Hooray!
I love the fuzzy hood!


Ok, so those were my thrifty finds yesterday!
But now for the multi tasking part of this post....
I also went to a nice consignment shop in Beverly a few days ago and found this super cute dress and Abercrombie cardie...
These are the two things I love around my home today (and what I am wearing today, I am lovin' the plaid and super soft cardi!)
*here's a funny little memory... I used to have 2 hampsters for a short time when I was little (they kept me up at night, so we had to return them to Woolworths, remember woolworths?!?)
They were named Plaid and Zelda...
Don't ask how I came up with those names...
But I was devastated when we gave them back because I loved them!
I cried and cried, and filled my entire diary with
"I miss Plaid and Zelda"
I know a bit neurotic...
Ha Ha Ha!
OK.
On to my two fave things...

See?
How CUTE are these?!?
I think I will be living in this outfit with some leggings or jeans and boots!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE!

So that is it.
What are two things you love around your home?
Post it then link it up over here at Kassi's blog!
Have a happy tuesday!
Lovin' Y'all!
...little owl

4 comments:

  1. cute outfit! i love cardigans so much!
    and you're right, that green sweater you got is very similar in color to my fondue set!
    you made out thrifting... steal after steal. way to go.

    thanks for playing again today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...what a score ! you hit the motherlode...


    everything is darling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can't believe how much you got for free! That's definitely my favorite price! I love the plaid dress and cardi. I pretty much only wear dresses and leggings in the winter to work because I get tired of the same old pants, plus I love the look of boots with dresses.

    And your hamster story is so cute. I had a hamster when I was yound and I named it Cheesey. Who knows where that came from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOUR CARD IS AWESOME IT ABSOLUTELY MADE MY DAY TO GET IT AND ITS HANGING ON OUR FRIDGE RIGHT NOW! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!
    Anyways, enough caps...
    Wow, you rocked the thrifting yesterday!
    I always feel like a loser when it comes to thrifting clothes, I just don't have the patience to go through row after row. I usually head straight to the homegoods and I have 19 glass candlesticks and 155 cake plates sitting on my kitchen counter to prove it!

    ReplyDelete