Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award!


I was surprised and excited the other day to learn that Helen from Serendipity Child had chosen my blog as one of the blogs to award the Stylish Blogger Award to.
What an honor, I have never had an award given to me before!

As a receiver of this prestigious award I have several responsibilities:

1. Thank and link back to the person to gave me this award,
2. Share 7 things about yourself,
3. Award 15 Bloggers,
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

So first off, here are 7 things about me.

1. I love animals. Like a lot. I couldn't imagine a life without some sort of feathered or furry companion. Sometimes I like them more than people- sorry but that is the truth.

2. My Grandfather (who was called Grumpy) used to make little cartoons of me when I was young. He always said my mom gave birth to a puppy and he would draw me with a tail.

3. In relation to fact #2, my Grumpy also used to tell me that all dogs had a zipper on the back of their neck so that they could take off their fur suit to bring it to the cleaners. I still sort of think this is true (and if you have ever met my dog, Veda, you wouldn't put anything past her!).
...I also used to believer that he really swallowed the dice from when he would do the trick where he pretended to make disappear and reappear.

4. I love candy. Especially sour patch kids and gummy candy.
And I love cake.

5. I get really attached to things, its like everything has sentimental value so it is hard for me to just "get rid of" things. I like to know that they have a place to go.

6. I don't like sleeping in. It makes me feel like I have wasted the day. I like to get up before 8 a.m., plus I like the quiet of the morning.

7. I love winter. I am a true New Englander, the more snow the better! I just wish that I could afford to snowboard like I used to. But still, I love walking out in the woods with the fresh, clean and quiet white blanket. I also like being hunkered down and hibernating for a time.

Ok, now for the 15 Bloggers that I am passing this award on to:

These are blogs that I follow and read most frequently or that are most inspiring to me.
















Make sure you check out all of these wonderful people!

Thank you to Helen (Serendipity Child)!

I hope you are all enjoying this snowy weather, or if you are somewhere there isn't snow, I hope you are having a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Great answers. I love candy too. Although I am not a morning person, I dont like wasting my day but I love my bed!

    Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stories about your grandpa! I'm not so much a morning person but wish I was because there's nothing more than I hate then wasting the day in bed (which is something Jus is wonderful at doing).
    Thanks for the award, darling!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was just going to say that about wishing desperately i was a morning person like you! :)

    #5- me too!!!

    THANK YOU for the award! it made my day :)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete