Thursday, August 11, 2011

Turkeys on Parade!














I guess there was a turkey convention in our yard the other day.
Andy called me while I was at the farmers' market to tell me that there were like a gajillion turkeys of all ages making themselves very much at home all over the yard!

There were mamas and papas and young turkeys and fuzzy babies.
He told me he even watched the babies follow the parents and jump way up onto a big boulder on the other side of the yard by the old greenhouse!

I love that he got so many photos for me to see,
he did a pretty good job too, seeing as he had no idea how to use my camera and I set it to manual mode (which is probably why some of the photos are rather fuzzy)!

I wish I was around to see it in person, you might think that living in the woods that they would be in the yard all the time, but actually I haven't ever seen them around the house.
The closest I have seen them is about a mile down the road where it is more populated...
Strange, right?

So, have you seen any interesting wildlife around your abode lately?

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful sight they must have been. Strutting around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A FIVE TO SIX FOOT SNAKE. WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT ENDED UP IN MY NEIGHBORS CLOSET ABOUT THREE WEEKS AGO. THE SNAKE WENT TO SNAKE HEAVEN. HE HAS BEEN LIVING AROUND HERE FOR OVER A YEAR. I DON'T KNOW HOW IT GOT INTO HER HOUSE BUT IT DID. MAYBE THEY LEFT A DOOR OPEN WHILE BUSY PUTTING IN A SWIMMING POOL THIS PASS MONTH. I'M GLAD IT'S GONE BUT SAD IT HAD TO DIE. THERE'S A FUNNY STORY ABOUT THE KILLING OF THE SNAKE BUT TO LONG TO SHARE. IT'S ABOUT THREE SCARED GROWN MEN.

    GRANNY FROM FLORIDA

    ReplyDelete