Saturday, June 1, 2013

Exploration.



We have begun our exploration.

We spent some time in Maine this past week, visiting with my sister and her boyfriend (and meeting their new dog, as well as seeing their new place). We also were scouting out areas we would like to possibly relocate to and shops that might like to carry Little Owl jewelry and scarves.
I think we have decided that we both LOVE the Brunswick area.

So, I have been somewhat preoccupied with that.

(Side note, none of these photos are from Maine.
It seems I was too busy driving around and enjoying myself to remember to take photos!)




In other news, it is hot as the dickens.
This is after the extended weekend of raw, rainy weather.
Let me tell you, I hate being hot, and as much as I love to jump in the cold ocean (and I did jump in yesterday), I hate sleeping in air conditioning or sweltering heat. So I am trying to make the best of this "beautiful" weather.

We have been working in the garden some and I was able to wild harvest a large handful of red clover for tea today. Aren't they beautiful? Such a marvelous "weed"!!! Let me tell you, never underestimate weeds. They are some of the most powerful healers. This includes dandelions especially. It is a terrible thing, all this spraying to get rid of them!






Today we are going to a Birthday party for a 5 year old.
Star Wars themed.
Totally awesome!!!

And with that I will leave you with this last photo of the beautiful light this morning out on the path leading out of the back yard.





Enjoy your day all you wild birds!



1 comment:

  1. Leave it to you, to long for snow in summer. ;)
    Little owl New Brunswick arts!!! How fun for you guys, to look to the future, to set up homestead in one of the most gorgeous States. So many trees and the coastal waters, that you can't live without.
    Am I seeing Nates dreads "undone"? From here, it looks like it. May be just an illusion, cuz I don't even think that's possible. :)
    And, I shall make dandelion wine with ours, taking over the lawn.
    It's so good to see you, Brit! You sound so happy, BABE. X

    ReplyDelete